I’m tired. There’s no other way to put the exhaustion I feel whenever I hear some white person theorize about mine and my friend’s history. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed this program more than most of the other ones I’veĀ had. But it gets annoying and frustrating to hear people talk about our different cultures as if they’re one and the same with APIA culture, and say things like “I understand their struggle.” No, you don’t. You never have and never will fully understand what people of color go through, and it’s not cute or funny when you say that you came to understandĀ it just by reading some books and watching some tv shows (more specifically, anime). And here’s what you look like when you say you do:

Image result for i get it doesn't get it pop team epic

I didn’t come to this class to hear people compare different cultures to things they learned from anime. I came to learn more about my culture. Not to hear your theory’s about it, or to hear you interrupt our professors and fellow students just to get your point across. Please keep that in mind when going into the real world or your next program.