HAJIME

Hola Mucho Gusto!

As Grammy award winner Kacey Musgraves once said, “Born in a hurry, always late, haven’t been early since the” 96.

My parent gave me the name Oscar when I was born but thankfully my grandparents stepped in changed my name to what it is now; Omar! Thank you for stopping by.

Popular culture has been part of my life ever since I was born because my mother loved Mexican reality TV, Mexican pop music like Thalia, Paulina Rubio with their mainstream dance-pop sound which has been my favorite my entire life, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Bebe, and Shakira which are more alternative pop. The sound from artists like them also has me and shaped my music taste to what is now and my preferred artist in terms of gender gravitates to female-identifying individuals.

Pop, dance-pop, electronic, country pop, Korean Pop, indie pop, I love all genres and will try to cover all the areas of my personal taste library that will all tie into the complexities of Asian American pop culture from a Mexican pop-loving point of view.

Causa Y Efecto, Paulina Rubio (2009)

Omar

Hi my name is Omar