https://asamnews.com/2019/05/25/marvel-to-launch-team-of-asian-superheroes/

This is the first I’m hearing about this, so this is really exciting for me! I’m very vaguely familiar with Amadeus Cho and even less familiar with Cindy Moon, but these other characters are completely unknown to me. I’ll be interested to see what they do with them, character and plot-wise, or if they’ll be tired old stereotypes. Hopefully not the latter, but sometimes it’s hard to tell if Marvel is genuinely doing stuff like this because they want to and think it’s a good idea, or if they’re trying to get “points” for diversity to stave off backlash (like when they made Captain America secretly Hydra/a Nazi a few years ago and then almost immediately backpedaled because everyone was furious).

Going just by the costumes, none of them look particularly stereotypical, which I suppose is probably a good sign? I have a feeling that this team isn’t going to be very popular just because they’re Asian, so hopefully if that does happen Marvel executives don’t use that as an excuse to not include as much diversity in the future and go back to drawing a bunch of white dudes beating the crap out of each other at the slightest provocation.