This is week 3 and I feel like I am on task for my objectives.  The Aquaponics building is wired, sheeted inside and ready for calking and panting in a few days.  A porch was added to the plans of the building so we poured footings and framed the porch.  The other half of my objectives is advancement of my computer skills-this is my first post ever!

Why would I post a sketch of an aquaponics design as a featured image?  This is the first sketch for a permanent  building holding an aquaponics system for a family or group of friends.  To get to the sketch, books were read, videos were watched and practical experience attained by building two smaller systems during my first SOS Agriculture program.  During my second SOS Agriculture quarter, the construction and completion of a permanent building was three quarters complete at the end.  Very big project.

Below are a variety of photographs showing the 50 gallon tank, bell siphons stages, plumbing, lava rock grow beds, and some Swiss chard sprouting.  The next group of photos show the step-by-step construction of the building during my second SOS. There are pier blocks, beams, lumber package, concrete bags, framing, stem walls, fish tank and future grow beds.