I started to feel like the completion of the aquaponics building was almost there, but there are still a lot of small projects to complete.  We finished the porch, dug a trench and installed electricity and water through the ditch and into the building.  There are switches for the lights and fan.  There is a faucet installed with an attachment inside and out.  Spray insulation was placed in the cracks to prevent moisture from reaching the insulation along with providing a surface to paint.  I am very excited about how it looks, but completion is not fast enough for me.

During the year between SOS programs, I worked on siding and roofing the building.  The outside is recycled cedar siding with reclaimed cedar shakes from my homes roof. The cedar roof was over 30 years old and needed to be replaced.  Reclaimed cedar shakes make a great accent to the building.  During that same year, I learned to place composition roofing, attach siding, trim and other construction skills.  My goal in constructing the building was to use as much recycled material and the building shows its rebirth of the materials.