The Evergreen State College seeks a versatile biologist for a one-year, full-time visiting faculty position for the 2015/16 academic year. The successful applicant will exhibit a commitment to undergraduate teaching. To be fully considered, applicants must have a Ph.D. in Cell/Molecular Biology or related field and an interest in teaching laboratory-based biology to undergraduates within an innovative environment that promotes collaborative learning. The teaching assignment will be General Biology with Laboratory in a team-taught interdisciplinary science class (Introduction to Natural Science). The successful candidate should demonstrate the willingness and ability to teach General Biology with a focus on preparing students for more advanced work in Cell/Molecular Biology as well as Environmental Science. The ability to teach lab is essential.
- A Ph.D. in Cell/Molecular Biology or a related field;
- Experience in teaching laboratory-based general biology at the undergraduate level; and
- Demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary team-teaching.
- Ability to teach in team-taught interdisciplinary science classes, within a liberal arts curriculum;
- Commitment to teaching undergraduates within a liberal arts context;
- Ability to teach all aspects of General Biology (evolution, ecology, cell and molecular biology and physiology) as well as connect cell and molecular biology concepts to other lab science disciplines; and
- Ability to work collaboratively in faculty teams.
This is a Visiting Faculty position and is not eligible for continuing appointment. Review of complete applications begins March 13, 2015 and will continue until finalists are selected.
To apply please visit our website: http://www.evergreen.edu/facultyhiring
The Evergreen State College is an equal opportunity employer.