Weeks 9 & 10

Because I was out of town for weeks 9 & 10, I got about as much work done as I would have for one week, so I’ve condensed the two into one weekly post. The focus for these two weeks was all in finalizing my work for this quarter and beginning to look forward to the next.

I started the week by giving my final presentation for class on Tuesday. Overall, I am happy with the conclusions I came to and the final products of all of the different aspects of my project. It’s pretty easy to watch the quarter fly by and feel like you’re not actually accomplishing that much. So, I like to use the final presentation as a way to look back on all the work I have done over the past 10 weeks so that I can begin formulating final conclusions for my ePortfolio. The link to the presentation can be found here. I also used the week to go about reviewing my WordPress site.

After I finished the presentation, I dedicated the rest of my research to looking at flax processing and preparing for finishing off my flax to linen project over the summer. I learned that there are multiple different methods of processing the flax – some more labor intensive than others – that can impact the time it takes to create a finished product. In order to get an idea of the timeframe of my own flax cultivation and processing I mapped out the methods that I will use and the expected time to complete that which can be found here.