These are the program texts for fall quarter; others may be included later. For winter quarter texts, see below.
- The Táin (Ciaran Carson translation, not the Kinsella translation)
- Favourite Irish Legends in Irish and English (Bairbre McCarthy) (no longer required, because the bookstore didn’t order more than eight copies!!!)
- In Search of Ancient Ireland (Carmel McCaffrey and Leo Eaton)
- In Search of Ireland’s Heroes (Carmel McCaffrey and Leo Eaton)
- Focus: Irish Traditional Music (Sean Williams!)
- Paddy’s Lament (Thomas Gallagher)
- The Collected Poems of W.B. Yeats (ed. by Richard J. Finneran)
- Modern and Contemporary Irish Drama (John P. Harrington)
- Dubliners (James Joyce)
Winter quarter texts include the following:
- Irish America: Coming Into Clover (Maureen Dezell), Anchor Books, ISBN: 978-0-385-49596-7.
- Modern Irish Poetry (Patrick Crotty), Blackstaff Press, ISBN: 978-0-856-40561-7.
- Banished Children of Eve (Peter Quinn), Overlook TP, ISBN: 978-1-590-20057-5.
- Making Sense of the Troubles (McKittrick and McVea), Penguin Books, ISBN 978-0-141-00305-4.
If you can get the latter in paperback, that’s great. In general, I request paperback copies to keep costs down. Any of these would be just fine used. I also requested that the bookstore order them, so we’ll see how many they get in. Note: you should hang onto all your books for this quarter, all the way through the end of spring. All of your work is cyclic, and you will be referring to these books off and on all year.