- To facilitate students’ understanding of their own managerial skills.
- To improve communication skills.
- To learn from the management experience of others.
- To develop and learn about goals specific to the students of this class
- Have a lot of fun while learning a lot of stuff!
- To explain the basic concepts, principles, and processes of management.
- To expose students to the history of management thought.
- To explore organizational culture
- To use management thought to develop a better understanding of the ways in which gender, race, class, culture, and other contextual differences play out among people in the workplace.
- To examine the complexity of managing in a global world.
- To use management thought to develop a better understanding of motivation.
- To develop an ability to work with moral and ethical dilemmas and make decisions using critical thinking.
- To expose students to several models of leadership.