Location: Northern California, based out of West Sacramento or Santa Cruz
Experience: 2+ years with a B.S. / 0+ years with M.S. or Ph.D.
cbec eco engineering, inc. (cbec), is based in West Sacramento, California, with branch offices in other areas of Northern California, Oregon, Indiana, Scotland and England (UK). We specialize in eco engineering for the water resources industry. eco engineering describes water resources engineering services that are concerned with developing and providing ecologically sensitive and environmentally sustainable solutions in the fields of hydrology, hydraulics, geomorphology and restoration and rehabilitation design. cbec offers a stable job environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for career growth.
cbec is seeking to hire a skilled Eco‐Engineer/Eco‐Hydrologist I to assist the company in providing technical services to clients. Individuals’ professional experience should include 2+ years technical experience in water resources with a B.S. degree or candidates should have an M.S. or Ph.D. in civil engineering, environmental engineering, water resources, hydrology, or fluvial geomorphology.
Responsibilities of the Eco‐Engineer/Eco‐Hydrologist I include:
- Performing technical studies in the fields of hydrology, hydraulics, geomorphology, water quality and restoration design
- Developing numerical hydrologic, hydraulic, sediment transport and water quality models
- Performing field data collection that includes topographic and bathymetric surveys; discharge and sediment transport measurements; water quality monitoring; and geomorphic assessments
- Performing design and drafting work in AutoCAD for the development of construction plans for environmental rehabilitation projects
- Contributing to writing and figure production for technical reports
- Potentially managing small projects and supervising junior staff
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience and a B.S. in civil or environmental engineering, water resources or closely related field; or an M.S. or Ph.D. in civil engineering,
environmental engineering, water resources, hydrology, or fluvial geomorphology
- Licensed California State professional civil engineer (or ability to obtain license via reciprocity) or an Engineer‐in‐Training status is desirable
- AutoCAD experience including the use of grading tools, objects and corridors, and plant set development
- ESRI ArcGIS experience including managing geodatabase infrastructure and using Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst tools
- Experience developing, applying, and using hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling applications, such as HEC‐RAS (1D and 2D), HEC‐HMS, MIKE 11, MIKE 21, SRH2D, FLO‐2D, TUFLOW and Delft3D
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
As part of field efforts, the ideal candidate should be willing to undertake manual tasks in an outdoor environment, alongside or in water, and on watercraft. Tasks may include wading in flowing water to collect topographic data and hydraulic measurements, or performing surveys on construction sites and other similar scenarios. Travel to remote settings for more than one day may be required.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and references to Alex Valle at: email@example.com. cbec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value team‐oriented workplace and workforce diversity. Please visit our website at: www.cbecoeng.com to see the array of services that we provide and exciting projects we are currently working on. No phone calls please.