Despite a setback that saw all of the dialogue I previously reported we had finished due to a mysterious erasing from the computer, we have pushed forth and are very close to being finished with this project. We had to re-record much of the dialogue and spent a few days outside of class doing foley and miscellaneous things, different members of our group worked on different parts of the music, and we are finally down to just mixing and mastering. We will finish the project this evening and share it tomorrow. It has been a great pleasure working with such awesome guys and getting so much time and experience in the studio facilities at Evergreen. I look forward to many more in the future.
This week we started production on our final project for Sound Design For Film. It is a group project in which we are supposed to recreate the entire sound design for a scene from a feature film, including the voiceovers, foley, sound effects, and score. We have chosen to work on the fight scene from the 2004 comedy “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.” A few members of our group, Jamie and David, started early on sound effects last Sunday, but I could not make it due to a prior obligation. Today, we covered a lot of the dialogue in the Studio Lab. I worked at the mixing board for a while and did the voice for Frank Vitchard, originally played by Luke Wilson. I will have pictures up soon.
Although the screen on my phone had decided to die suddenly, upon updating my new phone to my gmail account, I found that the pictures I thought I had lost from the soundscapes project were still intact. Hooray for technology and smart phones! You can find those pictures and others from post production on the Production Gallery page.
We finished our first projects and listened to the majority of them in class today. While most of the students created soundscapes involving walking, driving, or cooking, mine was somewhat of a black sheep, because whereas they inserted dialogue at an absolute minimum, mine was created around it. I recorded the busy environment of a house show in Olympia, weaving in and out of various conversations, kitchen happenings, and band setups. Th project then transitions into music played by one of the artists who performed that evening, Eleanor Murray. Finally, I recorded some final sound effects off location to add extra dimensions throughout. I really enjoyed doing this project. The finished version is on the Media page.
The initial purpose of this blog is to catalog my progress and provide access to completed works in my artistic and academic pursuits. Currently, it will be focused on the projects done in Sound Design For Film, being taken at the Evergreen College during second Summer session 2011.