The 2019 meeting will be from 4 August – 9 August 2019. It will be held at The Evergreen State College.
Here are the steps for registering for the meeting:
- Registration form with a possible request if needed for support/letter of invitation/visa letter
- If you would like to be considered for a talk, please submit a rough draft abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org, please ensure you follow our Abstract guidelines.
- Book all flights and aeroporters if necessary
- Travel and housing form. Required for all housing and travel assistance.
- Secure visa letter form for those of you that will need a visa letter, please fill out our form that we can write one for you.
- A third form will be posted around June or July with information regarding posters, the Mount Rainier trip, and other information.
- If you would like to attend the Genomics workshop, register for it here.
- Pay the registration fee and/or be awarded full or partial financial support.
- Come, learn a lot, and have fun!
- May 1st – Early registration deadline
- July 20th – Final Registration deadline
- July 1st –
- Your final version of all abstracts due in Word (see specifications below), for assembly into the abstract book; proof-read this carefully as no changes will be allowed later.
- Payment deadline, except with explicit permission. Earlier payment if possible is appreciated.
- Housing is not guaranteed if we do not receive registration and payment by July 1st.
- Student/Retired – $450 ($500 after May 1st)
- Academic – $600 ($700 after May 1st)
- Corporate – $800 ($900 after May 1st) — 1 free with >$3,000 donation, 2 free with >$5,000 donation (plus “sponsor” ad in abstract book)
Retired people can choose whether to pay student or academic, based on their personal financial situation. Invited speakers pay early registration fees even if they haven’t registered yet.
Local educators, medical persons, etc. who want to attend some sessions should contact Betty directly.
Donations go through a special sub-account of our Phagebiotics International Foundation, and are used only for supporting the meeting. Companies considering making donations should talk directly with Betty.
Visa and Travel Information:
People requiring visas should register as soon as possible. You should submit the registration form along with a draft poster and draft abstract title. If you have had a United States visa before, please check your visa stamp in your passport and make sure the expiration date of your visa and passport is at least 6 months after the end of the meeting. Chinese visitors are required to also enroll in the EVUS system.
We also highly recommend buying your flights early if possible, as this makes planning easier, and also
If you have registered, and are no longer able to come, remember to email us at email@example.com.
If you plan on coming early on Friday or Saturday night or staying the Friday night after the meeting, the charge for the dorm at Evergreen is an additional $40 per night.
Friendly reminder that e-mail is NOT encrypted. If you need to send us your passport information for visa letters, please fill out this secure form which is encrypted for your security.
The general format will be similar to that of our 2017 meeting, available here.
Please refer all questions regarding the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org as this account is accessible to the whole team.
All talks will be fully recorded, and those with the speaker’s written consent will be eventually posted on YouTube to share phage research with the world. We hope to post some of them before the end of the meeting.
Local professional visitors is a designation for people who live locally who will not need housing arranged for them, and want permission to attend particular sessions without needing to pay.
We are accepting donations to help run the meeting, and in return for certain amounts will have advertisements in the back of the abstract book of the meeting for donations of $3000 or more. Donors will be mentioned in the first pages of the book.
- $3000 or more, one free registration and an advertisement in the back.
- $5000 or more, two free registrations and an advertisement.
Genomics Workshop information:
In order to facilitate having several different kinds of small-group hands-on genomics workshops this time, as have been requested at the last Evergreen International Phage Meetings, we are setting up several parallel hands-on workshops which will run from 4 to 6 and 7 to 9 Saturday evening, August 3rd and from 9 to 11 on Sunday morning this year. These will be planned and taught by a group of the leaders in the field, including Ramy Aziz, Evelien Adrianssens, Alejandro Reyes and Jason Gill. The only extra charge will be for the Saturday night in the dorms. Participants will have to sign up in advance for the limited number of slots at each time, and it will be possible to sign up for Sunday only. The Sunday workshops will be followed by open phage genomics and metagenomics discussion from 11:15 to 1:30 on Sunday, before the traditional Barbecue Sunday afternoon. Please let us know whether you are interested in such small-group hands-on work on either metagenomics issues or phage annotation challenges, and this information will be immediately passed on to the 6 planners of those workshops.
If you want to attend the genomics workshop, please email us at email@example.com.
- 4:00 PM – 9:00PM: Parallel Genomics Workshops
- 8:30 AM – 12:00PM: Parallel Genomics Workshops
- 12:15PM – 1:30PM: General Open Genomics Discussion
- Afternoon (~1:00PM – 4:30PM): Barbecue @ Kutter Residence
- 5:30PM – 7:30PM: Plenary Session
- 7:30PM – 10:00PM: Reception & Poster Session I
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Session 1 (Phage Ecology)
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Session 2 (Agriculture & Food Safety)
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Session 3 (Molecular Biology)
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Poster Session II
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Session 4 (Therapeutic Tools)
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Session 5 (Phage Therapy 1)
- 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Session 6 (Phage Therapy 2 & Journal Introduction)
- 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Poster Session III, Wine & Cheese Party
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Salmon Bake @ The Longhouse
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Session 7 (Phage Engineering)
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Poster Session IV
- 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM: Session 8 (A Potpourri of Exciting Things!)
- 8:45 AM: Mount Rainier Trip
(Includes information detailing travel logistics, booking an aeroporter, driving directions, Sunday’s BBQ, the Mt. Rainier trip, Wi-Fi, talks, and posters)