- Review podcast assignment from last week
- Group check-in on individual projects – discuss project status
- what you have created,
- what is your next step… where you are going,
- what has changed
- Working with video presets
Video Palmcorder Proficiencies
- Video formats, tape stock and where video is headed
- Composition, movement, perspective, posture, and shooting techniques
- Camera operation
- Lucas, Lisa & Lisa (from week 4)
- Oliver, Karen, Mele
Assignment Due Week 6:
- Gather video content, alone or with a partner, for week 6′s editing workshop. At a bare minimum you should have around 10 different shots to work with. This footage should NOT include any dialogue, but rather demonstrate through the elements of framing, composition, texture, exposure, movement to create a portrait of a person or environment. Tripods are strongly recommended.
- If you are planning on using video in your final project you can also use this assignment as a starting point.
- This footage should also include any environmental sounds that you capture, and or include an external soundtrack through alternative recordings/music etc, but NO DIALOGUE.
- When shooting while recording audio remember that you will need headphones, a headphone adapter (with Canon palmcorder), a mic, and if using XLR connector microphones a hi-lo adapter.
- Next week we will be going on a not-so-far field trip to the Yuri Norstein Evergreen Expressions event in the Recital Hall of the Com building.