Wow, it seems like yesterday we had our first Interest Meeting at the beginning of Winter Quarter and Spring Break is upon us. Lets recap the events and accomplishments of this last quarter:
- Hosted a opening Interest Meeting, and established Weekly Thursday Meetings at 4pm
- Created flyers, banners, Facebook page, Google Group Account, Blog/Web Site to advertise and provide outreach for the Shellfish Club
- Attended Startup, Event Planning, Finance and Budget workshops to be able to register as a RSO(Registered Student Organisation)
- Hosted two field trips: Henderson Inlet Community Shellfish Farm, and Taylor Shellfish Processing Plant
- Hosted two events: a night intertidal walk by headlamp, and an expert intertidal beach walk during the day with PSRF Ecologist Brian Allen
- Obtained Start-up Budget, and Applied for Operational Budget
- Proposed the Community Shellfish Garden plan to the Campus Land Use Committee – plan to meet again in April with more support and evidence
We had a busy quarter but we got a lot done, a great beginning for our club and the future of shellfish’s role within the Evergreen Community. We will have many more events and activities with the spring weather in front of us.
Great Job and Thank You to the Shellfish Club and Supporters!