Wednesday, August 1 from 9:00 – 11:30 am in Library 0406
This workshop is designed to increase participants’ awareness of the unique issues and barriers experienced by trans people and their significant others, friends, families and allies (SOFFAs). This training does not stop at awareness-raising; it also shares best practices and skill sets known to increase positive outcomes for trans and gender non-conforming folks.
The following resources may also be of interest:
- New Fast Facts: Working While Trans
- Taking It On the Chin: New Fast Facts About Violence Against Transgender People
Workshop content includes:
- Gender identity development
- Barriers and issues faced by transgender/gender non-conforming individuals, with emphasis on those experienced within higher education
- Allyship skill development and practice
- Gender identity laws and protections
- Evidence-based practices and policies
- Articles, training tools and educational pieces for further enrichment
This workshop is being provided by the Student Affairs Staff Development Committee in response to expressed staff interest.