Due: 8 (or 9) posts. Due Wednesday, Week 10, 11:00am.
Assemble a narrative from the blog posts you’ve written this quarter.
There are three parts to your final blog assignment:
Part 1: Clean Up and Tag Your Posts
- Review all of your posts from the quarter. There should be a total of 45-63 (9 weeks of prompts x 5-7 posts).
- Make sure your posts are correctly categorized according to the week they were written.
- Make sure none of your posts are categorized as “uncategorized.”
- Make sure that all the categories appear in your blog’s primary menu.
- For most of you, there should be categories for Weeks 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and “Blog Narrative”…but if you did not go on the field trip, you will also have Week 5. If you haven’t already, you need to add this category and make sure it is in your Custom Menu…refer to the How-To instructions on this topic.
- Tag each post to identify reoccurring themes, subjects or ideas.
- If you have not repaired or addressed any technical problems with your site called to your attention by faculty or a classmate, now is the time.
Part 2: Cumulative Blog Narrative
- As you review and tag your posts from the past weeks, select one representative post from each of the 7 (or 8) weeks for which you were assigned a prompt.
- These posts are the elements (events) of a cumulative narrative. Together they should tell a kind of story…the story of your independent creative inquiry.
- There is no need to alter the original posts, though please do correct any typos. Simply categorize them in the new “Blog Narrative” category, in addition to their original category. Do not remove them from their original category! A post can be in more than one category. The posts you choose will magically appear in two places on your blog: in their original weekly category and in the new category.
Part 3: Process/Artist’s Statement—the 8th Post
- After you’ve selected a post from all 7 (or 8) weeks, write a new, final post to serve as a culminating statement—a kind of postscript—for this creative inquiry you’ve been engaged in throughout the quarter.
- Categorize it in the “Blog Narrative” category.
- Because it will have been written last, it will appear first in the list of your “Blog Narrative” posts, will provide context for the posts and for the blog as a part of your broader creative endeavor this quarter, and also will lend a sense of completion or wholeness to the body of your work.