Opinions of the week

We’re already into week four, my impression of this class is pretty positive, I came into it not really sure what to expect. I’ve been taking nothing but science classes for the last four years, and we’ve never had seminar. Well we had seminars, but they were nothing like the seminars we’ve had here. I’ve always been aware that the seminars in my other classes were different than most evergreen seminars. I hear it’s changed this year, for CS classes at least.

I’ll admit, a lot of the topics and issues we’ve conversed about are out of my knowledge base. I suppose I’ve been aware of the issues but never made an effort to educate myself on them. For reasons such as wanting to focus on myself? Being selfish? I guess I’ve just been so focused on other things, just life in general, working a lot while being a full time student, paying bills, but that’s really no excuse, there are plenty of people who similar work loads if not much more. I’ve always just made up the excuse that I don’t have time for anything else, so I think it’s important to make time. I really appreciate listening and getting the perspectives of people who are well versed in these topics, very thought provoking and after enough thought, it helps me form a more educated opinion for myself.