I made this thing while thinking about trademarks. It’s a piece of stuff but people think they own that. Which is weird. The first person to come up with something gets to say that they are gonna be the only ones who can do it for fifty years after their dead. This is weird to me. One of my favorite sayings is that the person who did something first is rarely the person who will do it best. I tend to think about smelting iron in these contexts. The really old techniques were creative and impressive but they were straight up bad and produced metal of inferior quality to what we can make now. Anyways, trademarks are a product of monetized creativity which is a product of a system which forces everyone to work to live when we could easily support a large population of non-workers with the resources available to us. Anyways, this thing that I made used to be a beautiful drawing of a rose and then I put it in Photoshop and edited it until it was both ineligible for copyright protection and also totally visually unappealing. I think that’s neat!