Can We Sleep Here?

Our bus ride up North was a beautiful 2 hours through foggy mountains and lush valleys.
After getting to the city of Gijón we once again found ourselves walking for nearly an hour through city streets to find our airbnb. We were welcomed in by a young mother and shy little girl, maybe 4 years-old, to a guest bedroom. The bedroom has dressers full of clothes and pictures of family members on the vanity. The bathroom and kitchen available to us are shared with the family. There are dolls and dog hair and other signs of every-day life scattered about. The people are friendly enough, but seem to not want more conversation than necessary. It almost feels like I am staying with a relative I never met.
We enjoyed seeing being at the ocean today, getting out between spurts of rain. We will stay at the same airbnb tonight. Between the magnificent bus ride yesterday and gorgeous views today, I have become so fond of the northern coast that I am deciding to continue my camino on the Norte route instead of the Francès tomorrow. I’m hoping for many foggy mountains and lush valleys to come!