SAM Visit

I visited the Seattle Art Museum on Tuesday and after looking piece of art I just so happened to find one thing that directly relates to my project! Well there were quite a few things that i seen while I was there that I felt had some connections to my project.

When I entered the gallery on the Egyptians I came across something that I had remembered reading about a few weeks ago when I was reading Six Thousand Years Of Bread (Jacob 2007).

I was looking at a display case that was showing that they have for death and afterlife. I read the little plaque the museum had put up giving a small description about Egyptian death and afterlife.

Inside that case I seen two small figures that displayed hieroglyphics inscribed on them. After I read the plaque about death and afterlife I suddenly remembered that

the Egyptians believed it was important to let the dead know about the type of life they lived and to let them know who they were. They did this by painting pictures in the tombs, the pictures were also there to humor the dead and to ward off bad spirits. The pharaoh received bread that linked him to the poorest of his people, which all of the were at least granted bread, water and sacrificial barley.