My last day in Port Townsend I wanted to create something for my family. My mother makes sourdough break and had some extra sourdough starter, so I thought I would try and make a pizza. After eating pizza before my bus ride to Port Townsend reading Tomatoland this quarter I thought it’d be great to create a pizza (that fit my brother’s allergy restrictions) and prove to myself pizza doesn’t need the sauce of slavery. I created a combination of the Codfish With Green Sauce recipe with the sauce from Cauliflower A L’Anita from Vibration Cooking. My sister has created pizzas and innovated new topping combinations at a few pizzerias she has worked at in the last few years and was a good resource to ask how to prepare the pizza base. After being advised to pre-cook the pizza base, I spread olive oil on the precooked sourdough base and applied the sauce I had made and added artichokes, two types of olives, feta cheese, red pepper corn, pepper, and salt. This pizza tasted better than any other pizza I have ever had before because it meant so much more to me than fermentation, chemistry, and rich ingredients.

18339520_1751962664819337_2072938371_o