Absent: Forest, Matthew, Nina, Ooumung
Nathan Lefkoff (arrived at 2:00)
Elected Chair: Dylan
• Max. Merchant-SA coordinator
• S&A are interviewing candidates on the 13th and 15th, for the S&A board for next year
• The GSU can assist in choosing the S&A board for next year. GSU members can also apply for positions.
• 2 GSU members are needed for the hiring board.
Budget Manager-knowledge of budget
Legacy Document-lists positions
Internal Coordinator-maintain communication between all parties
External Coordinator-communicate with other organizations on campus
Historian-mandated, file information in narrative document
Promotion Organizer: Promote events/activities and all things relating to the GSU
Office Manager: maintain a clean office space, write meeting minutes
• Positions are listed on the google docs site
*Besides Office Manager and Historian, GSU can add or take away positions
Add to next week’s agenda (?)
Promotional Organizer Position
• Emily: proposed multiple people to promotional organizer.
• Tyler: committee with 3 GSU reps
• Emily: suggested 2 GSU reps instead. Easier to communicate with two instead of three people.
• Promotional Committees of 2 GSU Reps (approved)
• Molly Pumfrey (Nominated)
• Anne Belson (Nominated)
• 2 positions (lower/upper campus)
• 3 positions-(lower/upper/student groups) *amended
Upper Campus: Brenden Hale (nominated)
Lower Campus: Tyler Bieber (nominated)
Student Groups: Evelyn (nominated)
• 1 GSU rep position
• Andrew (nominated)
• Andrew asked for interim with this position
• 2 budget mangers (open positions)
• Emily Dunn-Wilder (Nominated)
• Nicholas Bense (Nominated)
• Person in this position will change per quarter
• Raven for fall quarter (nominated)
Andrew: be civil and respectful of other members around GSU business
GSU Members Attendance/GSU Meeting Time
Meeting Time-20 minutes cap
• Nat Lefkoff will be able to attend meetings on Wednesdays at 2:00 PM, due to a commitment with the Gateways program.
• GSU consensus of allowing Nat to show up at 2:00 PM at weekly meetings
• Anne Belson: A few members can form an outside small group to update Oomung regarding information of meetings.
Dylan forms stack
• Nat: missed two meetings, should GSU representatives attend all meetings?
• Dylan: if a GSU member meeting cannot make meetings, then they cannot be here to share opinions,
• Dylan also mentioned Forest’s idea to do a vote by proxy
• Jeff: The 1-3 meeting group is established, and there should be consistency for the student body. GSU members should be able to represent and share opinions at meetings.
• Nicholas: issue with Monday night? Schedule conflicts?
• Molly: some people have issues with meeting on Monday (work, classes),
• Linkon: declared Point of Order; focus back to the question, can someone visit meetings occasionally? (Students who cannot make the meetings? And should the GSU time change?)
• GSU consensus on clarifying a change in discussion
• Nicholas: move to established current meeting time for the rest of the year, explore alternatives
• Andrew: move to 1-3 PM CAB 301, Wednesdays
• Emily: amend the motion of the floor to reevaluate meeting time for next quarter, schedules can change.
• Slight confusion over the process of amendment
• Tyler: Once it is moved and seconded-cannot be amended
• If motioned and not seconded, then an amendment can be formed.
• Wednesday, 1-3, CAB; official meeting hours
• Andrew: difficult to remove from GSU, explore possibilities for Oomung. He is an elected member
• Nat: agreement in possibilities. Contact Oomung’s work on behalf of GSU, with Oomung’s permission
• Jeff: agreement, but Oomung should take steps to be in contact
• Molly: allow chance, but he should be willing to make an effort
• Misha: GSU is a paid position
• Tom: If a GSU representative does not consistently show up meetings, then they would not have earned their stipend
• Tyler: can draw up a system by by-laws, will not be present for meetings, and will be up for review.
• Past 20 Min cap
• Andrew: someone can have an important role. There is an established Committee of Review
• Nat: contact Oomung, let him know to contact GSU with solid response by email, GSUrep@gmail.com
Hiring S&A Board Committee
• Two GSU members must be willing to be present for hiring process on the both Monday and Wednesday
• Brendan Hale (nominated)
• Emily Dunn-Wilder (nominated)
• IT housing
• Andrew: explore other avenues of fb. System of topics and threads
• Greener Commons /GSU category?
• Canvas site setup (possible)
• Work group meeting in 2 weeks (Wednesday at 1), send representatives to meeting. 1-2 sentences of purpose of having a GSU category in Greener Commons.
• Emily: Canvas for internal communication, three on commons to communicate, regarding agenda to the public.
• Talk to Dylan H. (Andrew will send email)
• not having a single topic for minutes (weekly minutes)
• Brenden: motion to move Greener Commons discussion for next week’s agenda
• Bi-weekly column of questions directed the GSU, Nicholas would write responses based on the approval of the union.
• Evelyn: taking up time in discussions?
• Nicholas would post answers
• Tyler: move to allow Nicholas in collaboration with promotional team; entrusted with the final word
• Allow Nicholas to reach out for comments from the union
• Nicholas creating a scholarship
• Geoduck Student Union Solidarity Scholarship
• Nicholas is using his stipend to create a scholarship
• Nicholas wants approval of the name or name ideas for the scholarship
• Scholarship criteria: for students who are actively creating change on campus
• one way to assist to students
• approval from GSU to use the union’s name for the scholarship
• Tom: needs to be a broader discussion for the use of name, ask the student body
• Tyler: motion to two budget managers in week 5 to present financial options towards the scholarship.
• 4 people opposed
• Nicholas: move to approve the name
• Molly: table for next week
• who/form scholarship committee
• information regarding the GSU scholarship process was sent to GSUrep@gmail.com
• table this discussion for next week
• Linkon: add “New Business” to “Add Agenda” section
• New Business/Add Agenda