National Hot Sauce Day

Wow, it is Friday already! I love these four day work weeks, especially when the weather on the holiday isn’t half bad.

Do you know that today, January 22, 2016 is National Hot Sauce Day? Tomorrow is National Pie Day? Sunday is National Compliment Day? I wonder what National Hot Sauce tastes like?

There will be some construction activity on the Lecture Hall project tomorrow, so don’t be surprised to hear the metal decking guys hammering if you stop by campus tomorrow after picking up your National Pie. Other activity will be some concrete pouring of the floor structure inside new Lecture Halls 2, 3 and 4. The steel erectors will start framing the new floor structure for the rotunda area. The large curved concrete wall that will enclose the Lecture Hall 1 addition will also be poured.

Our own faculty member, Bob Haft, was out on site with me taking numerous photos of the crane work and beam installation on Wednesday. I haven’t seen any of those photos yet, so I have included my own photo LH1of this beam after all the work that was needed to get it installed; see attached. It took about two hours for the crane to set up, about an hour to remove the shoring, get the beam set and bolted in place, and then remove the crane cables supporting the upper wall. Then it took between one to two hours for the crane to demobilize and head back to the shop. That is a enormous amount of work for one beam.

Enjoy the sun while you can!

Cheers,
Tim