The Trenches Have Been Dug

During this past weeks adventure in Busland I overheard something while commuting on route 41 from Evergreen to the Olympia Transit Center. This fellow passage said “I suddenly have really bad motion sickness, I think I’m going to hurl.” This is not something you ever want to hear from the person sitting next to you on a fully packed bus. I’ve previously seen the chain reaction that can occur from just one person tossing their cookies. I want to thank you Evergreen student, whoever you are, for not vomiting on me (or anybody else) that afternoon!
2-12-16
We have reached another milestone this week in construction of the Lecture Hall. The trenches have been dug and footing formwork is being installed for the addition of the workshops and classroom that will be constructed between the lecture halls and Lab I. The photo was freshly taken shortly after 1:30 PM today. I’ve indicated on this photo as to what areas will become the new teaching and learning spaces. You can also see the freshly poured mud in the Rotunda area.

Next week we should see some walls being framed in Lecture Hall 2, 3 and 4. Metal decking installation will begin in Lecture Hall 1. Being so, those noisy metal workers will be using their loud saws again to cut the metal decking for installation. Some more concrete work will take place just outside Lecture Hall 1 for the construction of classroom 2. They will also start pouring the footings for the workshops and classroom 1 after the formwork and rebar installation is complete.

Wow, another three-day holiday weekend is just hours away. Enjoy it!

Cheers,
Tim