The temperate rainforests in Olympia are a great climate to live in because they are, well, temperate. Its never too cold or too hot…always somewhere in the middle, which is definitely a preferred weather patternĀ  if you ask me. That being said, we don’t get too much snow that actually sticks around here, so when we do, it is a super exciting experience for someone who absolutely adores snow like I do.

The farmhouse peaking out between snow covered trees.

Yesterday, we saw snow fall all throughout the day and transform Olympia and its beautiful forests in to something right out of the Chronicles of Narnia. I am lucky enough to have class in the farm house (which is essentially like going to class in a cabin in the middle of the woods), so it was incredible to watch the snow fall from the cozy atmosphere of the classroom. We actually even had a potluck planned for that class period, so I was able to watch the snow fall with a hot cup of tea and a delicious plate of raspberry chocolate cake. Definitely could not get any better than that.

After class I went for a bit of a walk around the snowy woods surrounding the farm house. There aren’t a lot of experiences I love more than walking through woods that are so silent that you can hear the snow falling, so I was not about to let the one opportunity I have per year to do that slide by. I was able to take some beautiful pictures, though, photos can never truly do that experience justice. Overall, it was a super lovely day in Olympia. Just enough snow to make the world look magical but not enough to disrupt the regular flow of day to day life.