Favorite Coffee Ever Tasted

The most delicious coffee I have ever savoured was the coffee I tasted on a farm in rural northern Thailand. There was something in the rich, aromatic, fruity and smooth flavour that is inexpressible. In Thailand, pairing coffee with coconut milk is the common way to receive coffee, which is utterly delicious. The coconut just adds the the smoothness, and its nutty notes pairs perfectly with the bitter coffee in my palate. When I reminisce about the coffee, I am transported back to the misty cool mornings where cocks would awaken the day, and walking from my bamboo shack to the rustic outdoor kitchen at 5am where the whole family would be gathered. We would sit together and plan the day over the fresh brew before going to the fields to work. I arrived to the farm in the heart of coffee season, and my main job was to harvest and wash the coffee. Maybe it was because I was able to experience the process, and use my hands to process the magnificent bean, but there is no coffee drinking experience that trumps the one on the farm.

The beautiful jungles where coffee grows in Northern Thailand.

Assigned to: Yarden
Post Written by: Yarden
Post Edited by: