Favorite Coffee Taste

At Olympia Coffee Roasters we got to experience a full cupping experience; complete with all the types of coffee that they offered at their establishment. The cupping process adheres to strict guidelines: coarse ground coffee, use of a French press, 200 degree Fahrenheit water, skim the foam off, and let cool. Now out of all the various coffees we tried, my personal favorites were the two Heirloom Ethiopia coffees. The first was the Banko Natural, which had notes of strawberry, blueberry, and chocolate. The second was the Adame Garbota, with notes of lemon peel, fruity dark chocolate, and apricot jam. Both of the Ethiopia coffees were sweet… which makes sense why I preferred their complexity over some of the more astringent and bitter coffees, since I have such a sweet tooth! The moment I slurped these two coffees into my mouth, I knew that I loved coffee. Sure, I usually turn my nose up at Starbucks or any other type of plain coffee… but these beans were different. Ethiopia is said to have been the birthplace of all coffees, and I can see why it is such a big part of their culture. The fruity, sweet wonderfulness of their coffee fills your mouth and puts an instant smile on your face. Simply perfect.

Written by Ashley.