halfway thoughts

Welp.

We’re halfway done with the quarter now, which came really fast. I feel as if I have a bunch of threads in my mind from what we’ve studied so far that have been connecting with each lecture, book we read and film we watch. I’m really scatterbrained typically, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how I, but mostly everyone else, have been able to connect all of these different texts together. It’s felt like a really fulfilling experience so far, especially hearing other people’s perspectives and lived experiences which have greatly helped to inform my notes, and connections in this program.

For some reason these personal posts are always the most difficult for me to write, and I’m trying to figure that one out. Another thread. Maybe it’s because I don’t enjoy talking about myself that much? Or maybe I’m too tired? Hungry? I think that maybe I haven’t been actively thinking about my own connections to the films we’ve watched or the books we’ve read. I know I connected to Dark Blue Suit through the relationship between Buddy and his father, but, do I want to talk about that? I made the previous post about how I lived in suburbia and connected it to Better Luck Tomorrow, and I guess that’s the only time I’ve felt confident about discussing my personal connections. Maybe it’s just a fear of opening up even though I largely see this blog as talking into an abyss, even though it’s open for everyone to see. Regardless, I think it’s something I’ll pay attention to in the coming weeks, and I’ll try to churn out some more personal connections in these posts. I’ll try to rectify all these halfway thoughts.