I can’t even think of a title for this post either wow (last final project thoughts)

Welp. The paper’s due date is upon us, and I still am having some mixed feelings about my paper, mostly the second half. Also I guess I’m worried that the direction of my paper doesn’t feel seamless or cohesive, particularly in the balance of research and personal narrative. I’m worried of one overshadowing the other. But, it’s too late to worry about stuff like that, I’m just going to write the fucking thing. Hopefully I can power through it tonight and tomorrow, and end up with something that I feel more than at least 70% satisfied with. Maybe 75%.

During Wednesday’s workshop, I cut my paper up and sharpie’d out parts that I didn’t feel were necessary (including my entire opening paragraph). It was neat to physically edit my paper in that way, and gave me a little bit more clarity on where to move certain things, or where to put sentences I haven’t even written yet.

I still need a title too. I just realized that. Maybe I’ll just keep the placeholder one I hastily wrote on Wednesday: “The Midwest or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Embrace My Home”. I could go minimalist and just say “The Midwest”, which kind of just sounds like a Ken Burns documentary. But, it also doesn’t hint towards any of the APIA connections I make in my paper, so that’s out.

I was never good with titles.