Seattle artist Brian Murphy uses watercolor to create introspective self-portraits. Using fleshy, bold colors, Murphy creates invisible and reductive areas, which allude to the mass and solidity of the human form. Murphy’s work has been included in numerous museum exhibitions and in 2001, Murphy received the Seattle Art Museum’s Betty Bowen Memorial award.
- Please join us for a special Noosphere Award Lecture: Ashley Hunt: Friday, May 10, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Susan Gevirtz: Wednesday May 8 , 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Stokley Towles: Wednesday May 1, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Eirik Steinhoff: Wednesday April 24, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Jenny Heishman: Wednesday April 10, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1