A native of New York City. Susan Noyes Platt is a freelance art historian and art critic, as well as a political activist, based in Seattle, Washington. She has published articles, essays and reviews on the intersections of art and politics. Her primary concern is to alter the critical discourse to embrace the many different ways in which artists explore this intersection. Over the course of her career she has shifted from a focus on American Art to an exploration of art in the Middle East, particularly in Turkey. She has also published reviews of contemporary art from China, Latin America, and Europe.
- Please join us for a special Noosphere Award Lecture: Ashley Hunt: Friday, May 10, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Susan Gevirtz: Wednesday May 8 , 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Stokley Towles: Wednesday May 1, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Eirik Steinhoff: Wednesday April 24, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1
- Jenny Heishman: Wednesday April 10, 11:30-1:00, Lecture Hall 1