Getting on the bus to Laurca to walk on the Norte was a little nerve racking because I was really liking the Frances but I was excited to see my walking buddy who had departed a week earlier. The bus ride up was gorgeous, I was changing my mind on how I was going to view the Norte but I wasn’t a 100 percent convinced. As I arrived to Laurca I was excited to walk. We started the next day on our walk but first we went to have breakfast at this very nice quant American style place. It was wooden all around with pictures of John Wayne, Steve McQueen, and many other Americans that Europeans think of us when they want to have an American themed restaurant. It was great for the first time I had a real breakfast. As we finally started to walk at around 10 am, I immediately started to fall in love with how green and beautiful it is up here compared to the Frances. That is not to say one is better than the other but they are beautiful in different ways. As we walked I was invited to smell more cow shit, which I am not going to lie I missed. But as we got to our final destination I was amazed to see it right next to the beach. It was perfectly placed at the start of the town so that tired pilgrims like Fern and I didn’t have to walk more than we had to. It was in a cove with beautiful cliffs and perfect amount of nestalga I had from living on the California coast. That night I fell asleep as quickly as I had ever, with giving all credit to the ocean waves 10 yards away from me.