Embarking on the learning opportunity of a lifetime

This afternoon I’m taking off for the Tui Community, just outside of Takaka. I will be taking a 19-day intensive permaculture design course led by a nationally renowned permaculture figure, Robina McCurdy. It’s kind of a miracle how I found out about the course…. I was reading a book published in Britain at Lynda’s farm in Motueka, (called Permaculture Design by Arayana), and really enjoying the authors theories and outlooks, thinking to myself ‘wow, this person has a really in-depth understanding of garden systems’. Mid-way through the book, he mentions that he did some permaculture training in Golden Bay, New Zealand with Robina! I looked her up and lo and behold, she was teaching a course to begin in (at that time) just a few weeks. If that wasn’t life knocking at my door, I don’t know what is. I am just bursting with excitement for the class, and am sure I will learn lots!

My wifi allotment is just 30 minutes per week, so expect limited posts from me for awhile. In the meantime, I’ll be taking lots of photos and notes to share with you later. Wish me luck, and goodbye for now.