On this particularly peculiar week, Reid and Glenn made lunch and led seminar. Although the power was out for a brief period of time, it was bright and warm outside, so for a while we basked in the sun and blissfully ate the breads and salad that had already been prepared. After we casually ate bits of bread and greens and mused about how to proceed with class if the power was out, Reid led us through a short guided stretch.

We aligned our bodies with the cycle of a plant, beginning low and tightly contorted as a seed, and eventually sprouting, flowering, and fruiting. Reid warmly and whimsically instructed us into each pose, and we all lightheartedly giggled as the wind swept our hair and the sun warmed our cheeks.

As I had said then, ruining the relative silence, I love it here. While I rush around worrying about meeting all of the responsibilities of 20 credits, a part time job, and an internship, it feels not only revitalizing, but imperative to allow myself to inhabit my body with movement, good food, and fresh air.