This meal was unlike any other meal prepared in class until this point. Meghan assisted Kat in making a delicious meal from foraged and local food. Kat’s “trust quiche” made from wild carrots, mushrooms, and local yard eggs was made even more delicious with the rhubarb and honey sauce. Egg crepes were also provided with wild-harvested greens. During the meal I talked with Spencer and Doug about John C. Lilly’s innovations and how he developed. After we ate, Kat took us for a walk in the woods and shared some of her knowledge regarding the wildcrafting opportunities on campus. As we walked along the trail we settled down on a native plant built garden and had a hypnosis session around a tobacco plant. As we walked from that spot back to the classroom we were to walk silently and reflect. As I tried to balance my breathing and be, I had convinced myself that I was actually being with nature, but I had just reached a place where I was able to be with myself and I happened to be in nature. Since that moment I have been thinking about how to be more connected with nature and be more in touch with my breath so I canĀ be more easily and hopefully share that sense of being with non-human wildlife.