Hello, Mrs. Jannings. Series of Letters Part 3 (Final)

This series of fiction letters were written in response to discussion and mid quarter self evaluation assignment, and were included in my mid quarter self evaluation packet, but I thought I would share them here as well. This is a series of three fictionalized communications from a character to different people, highlighting how past experiences, perspective, and circumstance change experiences and change how people recount those experiences. Some of it comes from my the feeling I have myself that I can talk a lot about what happened and how it happened and why it happened and how it connects to all the other things that happen, but I can’t create, in a sense, a unified theory that can be used to formulate what actions should be taken to address what happens. (This ‘happening’ could be anything from a protest to a personal event to a program lecture, it doesn’t reference any particular event.)

Hello,

I hope your week is going well, and hasn’t been too busy.

I’m sorry it’s taken a few days to get back to you about some of the incidents, it’s been a really busy scramble to put together all the pieces and really reflect in a constructive way.

Devlin and I have been in discussion about what we want to do in terms of a teach back or a discussion panel. We have set up a meeting with everyone and we’re going to discuss what kind of program in response we want to have, and what kind of discussions we’ll have, but of course whatever we do, we want to take as many people into consideration as possible.

We’ll come to you when we have a plan, and then you can have some feedback, but I still want this to be primarily driven by the people affected, the people who saw the incidents and events.

It needs to be driven by those people.

We will do our best to work with your feedback and contributions.

I hope these terms are acceptable. If needed, we can set up a time for our group to discuss with your office, if further compromise is necessary. I am hoping it will not be.

Thank you for your time,

Farah Emilo.