Student Election Commissioners
The student election commissioners serving in a neutral role are responsible for the development and implementation of a fair and open campus wide student body election.
Specific duties include:
- Disseminate information to the campus community, including the Reservation Based and Tacoma Programs, about elections and ballot measures
- Work collaboratively with the Registrars Office and Administrative Computing and in the development of the on-line ballot
- Recruit, hire and schedule poll workers
- Supervising poll workers and polling stations to ensure a fair and accessible election
- Enforcing Elections and Voting policies and guidelines as well as identifying misconduct and policy violations
- Encouraging the student body to get out and vote
- Meeting with the Geoduck Student Union Elections Committee to help develop procedures and guidelines
- Certifying the elections and disseminating results
Preferred skills and abilities: Previous public service experience, computer proficiency, strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with diverse populations.
Minimum qualifications: Must be a currently enrolled TESC student in good academic standing.
Term of Service: April 23 to June 8, 2012
Compensation: $358 stipend
Application Deadline: April 16, 2012
To apply, submit to the Geoduck Student Union, CAB 313 or email email@example.com the following:
- A succinct cover letter addressing your interest in the position and describing your qualifications and work experience as they relate to position purpose and duties.
- A resume that includes a chronological work history.
- Names and contact information of two references. One of the references must be from a current TESC faculty or staff member.