USGBC’s LEED team has an opportunity for a currently-enrolled or recently graduated student to undertake a practical learning experience through an unpaid internship with international LEED project data.
The LEED International intern will extract and analyze statistics from LEED certified projects located outside the U.S. to develop trends and recommend areas for improvement. Through this position, the intern will become proficient in the LEED rating system and is encouraged to bring creativity, innovation and technical proficiency to the position. The intern must be professional, enjoy working both independently and as a team and be available to work in USGBC’s Washington, D.C. office.
Internship Details Include
- Extract statistical data from LEED Online for all international certified projects
- Analyze data & develop trending reports
- Create presentation materials related to data
- Support ongoing LEED 2012 global work as needed
- General assistance for LEED team on international projects
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Training Requirements/Preferences
- Current enrollment or recent graduation from a related undergraduate degree program required, such as architecture, engineering or environmental science
- General understanding of high performance green building design, construction and operations
- Experience with or knowledge of the LEED rating system
- LEED Green Associate preferred
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work well independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database management
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Passion for and commitment to USGBC’s mission
Please submit resume and letter of interest, with salary requirements and title of position applying for, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 202-478-5046, attn: Human Resources. Please indicate where you saw the posting for this opportunity. No phone calls please.