Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change. In order to generate the political will necessary for passage of our Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal we train and support volunteers to engage elected officials, the media and the public. Protect our environment and the special place in which we live!
Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) wants you! As a volunteer, you’ll be a member of the fastest growing and most effective climate advocacy group. You will work with concerned Washington citizens to slow the effects of climate change. Let’s work together to protect our beautiful ecosystems, livelihoods and way of life. Please respond to our posting for an invitation to learn more.
• Meet with Congressional leaders.
• Write letters to the editors and op-eds.
• Meet with local media.
• Educate your community about global warming and legislative solutions.
• Monthly national conference calls with expert guest speakers.
• Weekly skill building sessions.
• On-line network with CCL volunteers across the U.S.
• National conference and lobby week in D.C. Volunteers commit to an average of 4-6 hours a month.
Some of our volunteers dedicate more time than that. We hold no upper limit on your dedication to a stable climate and livable world. To learn more about us, please join an Introductory Conference Call. The next call is Wednesday at 5 00 p.m. Pacific/6 00 p.m. Mountain/7 00 p.m. Central/8 00 p.m. Eastern. This is an opportunity to learn about CCL. It is one hour, and there will be opportunities to ask questions. The conference call number is 1-866-642-1665, passcode 440699#.
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good