Open until filled
PLANNING DEPARTMENT INTERN
$13.00 – 15.00/hour DOE
Expected duration: not to exceed 6 months
May be part-time or full-time depending on applicant
The City of Camas is hiring for a Planning Department Intern. Under supervision of delegated staff, the Planning Intern assists Planning Department staff with various tasks related to shoreline management and environmental permit monitoring. This position may be part-time or full-time (20-40 hours/week), Monday-Friday, works between the hours of 8am-5pm and is based at City Hall. The duration of the position is not to exceed 6 months, depending on workload and availability of the selected applicant
• Conduct basic research and data collection in an office setting
• Maintain records, collections and files related to projects
• Acquire and analyze data as directed
• Communicate effectively with others; ask appropriate questions to clarify expectations and promote learning
Applicant must possess:
• High School/GED or equivalent
• Current enrollment in an accredited college or university with two or more year’s coursework in planning, environmental science, or related discipline
• Must possess valid driver’s license
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
General Work Conditions:
Office (70%) and Field Environment (30%): Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Outdoor field activity may involve navigating through uneven ground, grasses, and natural land areas.
Candidates must submit a City application to be considered for the position. Cover letters, resumes and other application materials may be submitted with the application.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job. The City of Camas is an equal opportunity employer.