There are a few spots available in our Adaptation Planning for Coastal Communities class. It will be taught by national experts from NOAA and held at the Padilla Bay Reserve on December 4-5, 9 am-4:30 pm in Mount Vernon. The cost of the class is $175 and includes lunch and materials.

Here are participant comments shared with me by CTP Coordinators from other States as well as our own:

“I have been to easily over 100 DHS, FEMA, FBI, NWS and NOAA trainings, and this course is easily in the top three of all time.”
“I now have a better understanding of what is already going on adaptation-wise. And how other planners are thinking about these issues.”

“Dynamic facilitators – I paid attention more than at other events and got a lot of resources to help me with each aspect of the toolkit process. I liked stepping through the process and the mix of presentation and activities.”

“Excellent organization and presentation of real world approaches for addressing CC. No time was wasted in the 2 day class, good coverage of basics through advance concepts. Excellent integration of local experience and experts with the national perspective. Great to see the continuing passion and encouraging outlook for dealing with CC despite our political climate”

To  register, please go to http://www.coastaltraining-wa.org.