My friend Tristan interviewed me for his personal podcast and blog.

Background of this interview

When students stay enough time in Evergreen, when they know their passions, and when they find others cannot satisfy their learning goals. They will create opportunities and projects to meet their deep goals. Teedubson is a project started by my friend Tristan Anderson. He aims to capture and present the inspiring stories of Evergreen students, so that he can inspire other students to live a more purposeful and happy life. I got to know Tristan at the early phase of his project through the Entrepreneurship Program in Evergreen, and he invited me to be his first guest.

Some notes

In the interview, we talked about my passions in life, views on education, and reflections on my current state. I am a senior student now, in the past 3-4 years, I have learned like a sponge, and swam like a fish, because college is the ocean of knowledge and resources. I have also gradually found my path, and discovered some of my passions in education, leadership, and entrepreneurship. I can see the north star of my life more and more clearly. And once I followed those directions, joyfulness and a deep sense of meaning blossomed in my heart. So now, I am juggling several things that are important to me, projects I believe will take me to further places. That said, confusions, uncertainty, challenged, and concerns are still my regular company. There is the classical battle between “where things should be” and “where things are”. I live with both hope, and fear. Both have motivated me to work, learn, act, and create things that matters to me, and to the greater world beyond me.

I appreciated the opportunity for an interview with Tristan where I could reflect on myself, and come to deeper convictions of what I must do.

You may find the original article from this link, and the podcast from here.

If you would like to learn more about Tristan’s project, you may visit: https://teedubson.com