1/13/16

This trip just got a little bit more chaotic. In the last two days it has come to my attention that I will likely not be able to obtain a research permit for Peru, which I need to conduct an individual research project during spring quarter. Doing this project would not only be fun and informative, but it also is required to earn upper division science credits that are necessary for my degree. Stuff is tough and learning about this new stuff hits pretty deep. This new reality forces me to reconsider my plans for spring quarter (April 4th – Jun 29th) until my flight back to Seattle takes off. If I can’t obtain the permit (which now seems very likely), then I wont be able to do a proper field research project that will award me upper division science credits. Because I am close to graduating, I can’t afford (remaining credit wise) to obtain credits that won’t qualify as upper division science credits. So, this puts me in a pickle. I could work on a volunteer project in Peru, or elsewhere, and still get awarded credit for assisting on an ongoing research project. BUT, ultimately I don’t need those credits (nor do I really want them) because if I used credits that aren’t upper division credits, then I wont have as many credits to use for the media programs that I want to take in the future. Ouch. I have never been good at making decision and the one I currently have on my plate is a tough one. I have already purchased my return plane ticket for June 29th, so I am kinda obligated to stay in South America until then (which isn’t such a bad thing…?).