I had some set-backs this past week that stem from that constant discourse of being a living human. And while I could write an update on work progress or update my log hours, I’d really rather just post photos from today’s visit to the apiary.

It was my first time checking the comb production on the foundation-less hive (also about one week since it was installed). Most of the frames were already filled with comb from edge to edge, but some were still being built. Here are the photos of the comb-in-progress frames:

Honeybees typically don't like building on the outer frames, but under these bundles, white comb is just beginning to take shape.

Honeybees typically don’t like building on the outer frames, but under these bundles, white comb is just beginning to take shape.

Building from the top of the frame and working down, the comb is taking on a triangular shape. Eventually, this frame will probably look like the others with comb touching corner to corner.

Whoa.

A photo of me inspecting the frame. In order not to break fresh comb, it is important to always keep frames vertical.