Most Memorable Oyster

While we were at Donedei Wines I shucked my first oyster. After shucking my own oyster I felt a sense of pride, accomplishment and connectedness. Before getting the chance to open my own oyster for the first time I felt a bit anxious about doing it because Sarah mentioned if we didn’t do it we would lose credit.  Then when everyone had their own time to get gloves and a shucking tool, I went out to the edge of the group so it was just me and the Kumamoto oyster that chose me. I let the oyster know that i appreciate it and thanked it for the nourishment it would give me, and it had reached its life purpose; to be enjoyed by me. Shucking was surprisingly easy, but still quite fulfilling. I didn’t add any seasoning  to be able to taste the pure oyster. I chewed it good and long so it would release all the flavors it had to offer. When I swallowed I felt the oyster become a part of me, a feeling of deep connectedness with it. The Kumamoto was sweet like a cucumber or melon with a subtle brine. it was firm and a very smooth mouthfeel and when I was finished chewing it went down like butter.

You may also like...