Favorite Things About Tea Tastings

Date Tasting Insight
Week 1, Jan 05 Indian Tea Party Tasting I’d never drank tea like this before. We usually eat tea using a convenient tea bag, sweet, maybe with some kind of creamy additive like we do with coffee; this was so much more ceremonial. These teas were all very astringent. My mouth was dry following the tasting. I think I drank too much tea. Everyone was on a tea caffeine high.
Week 2, Jan 12 PCT and PROP tests, and Indian Tea Party  We discovered what kinds of tasters we are by evaluating our tongues with tests. What I found interesting was that the first strip tasted bitter, but the second one didn’t taste as bad, and I was sitting next to Kathy, and she was repulsed by the second one and said it tasted worse than the first. It is interesting how different people have different palettes and capacities for tasting.
Week 5, Feb 04 Tasting with Young Mountain Tea It blew my mind to learn of a single Indian mother climbing trees to insane heights to collect firewood to cook for her children. I am glad there are organisations that have enough power, like companies, to intervene and have the resources to genuinely help.

Assigned to: Kristina

Edited by: Kristina

Completed by: Kristina

You may also like...