Feed on
Posts
Comments

I was given the opportunity to work with Ryan once again! Yay. He, fellow student Ethan, and I decided to recreate all the audio for the Truck Ambush Trailer from The Last of Us. Ryan and I drove two hours to my hometown and grabbed some guns and my mother’s truck. We also headed to a nearby “shooting range” where the locals bring their junk to shoot it to kingdom come. We were able to get some excellent crashing and breaking sounds from a couple broken televisions, multiple glass bottles, and some metal objects. Ryan also recorded gun shots and reloading and unloading for personal use.

We did not have professional voice actors to use, so Ethan voiced Joel and Ellie and I voiced the “Injured” Man. I also played and sang the Hank Williams song that is featured throughout the trailer. If we had more time on this, I would have liked to re-amp the song through an older radio and record that unique, grainy sound. I enjoyed working on this project and I hope I can work with Ryan again on future endeavors.

Sound Effects Recording at The Pit (Pics)