A New Source!

Here is the annotated version of the bibliography entry for this new article I utilized in my rough draft. I think this work is going to be really relevant to my final draft of my final paper. While my progress this week has been quite pathetic in many ways, the fact that I found this article is really made up for it. This article likely going to make my paper work.

Katz, Elihu. “Evaluating Culture: World Music And Fusion Food.” International Journal Of Cultural Sciences, vol. 18, issue 2, pp. 155-165, Oct. 2014. Evergreen State College ILLiad, https://clio.evergreen.edu/illiad/EVER/illiad.dllAction=10&Form=75&Value

=411399. 

In this article, Katz explores the challenge faced by music and food critics in attempting to reconcile globalism and ethnic origins of dishes/music forms. Katz points out that for food/music critics, multiculturalism has created a unique situation when it comes to determining evaluation criteria as it’s not clear by what standards each creation should be judged by. Katz utilizes the examples of fusion food and the so-called world music genre as examples of the confusion that has been introduced into evaluation efforts.

I am likely going to rely heavily on this article because it directly addresses both issues of Asian pop culture that I am wanting to discuss (food and music). Katz’s article is a next level explanation of one of the points I am trying to make in my own paper. I am interested in looking at the interaction between multiculturalism/globalism and attempting to define what is and is not a part of any single ethnic group’s pop-culture. That is exactly what this article is doing as well.