Casey- June 10th

I fly home in 10 days. I am running out of time.

I decided to cut down to the Camino Frances, to finish the last 100km from Sarria. It seems a bit backwards, because I’ve already walked this route and it’s not particularly beautiful and it is quite crowded, but I want to do it again. I feel a bit out of sync with my pilgrimage and finding some familiarity sounds nice to me.

A Canadian couple I met at the beginning of the Norte is also meeting me in Sarria. One of them is injured and needs to finish early. I feel excited to act as a sort of guide for them, suggesting albergues and restaurants and cathedrals to visit. I think I’ve been needing to do something for others for a while- I’ve been taking a lot for myself lately, which I feel strays from my idea of a true pilgrim.

“A tourist takes, a pilgrim gives thanks.”

Currently in León right now, and in an hour I’m going to take a bus to a village 24km away from Sarria- so I have my adventure lined up for the day. It feels weird to be taking buses, but I’m trying to just stay present and accept it as part of this journey.

I think that in ten days time I will feel ready to end this journey and return home.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *
*
*