The physical weight of a camera

I have a camera that I have brought along with me. I like the idea of an actual camera because I feel like it makes pictures more important. I feel like people see a real camera and take more time to prepare themselves than if someone is taking a picture of them with a phone. I did not use it as much as I would have liked. It was just so awkward to carry it, I did not like to carry a fanny. I would occasionally carry it on my shoulder straps but it started to mess up the shudder because it was so tight. The pictures I did take with the camera were generally much better than using my phone. Not only the quality of the actual photograph, but in general I would spend more time thinking about the picture. I constantly wanted to ship the camera home, I always thought about how heavy it was. In the end I don’t know what the right answer is going to be. I really want to take some pictures of morocco with it. I have this goodwill painting in my room of a moroccan market place and that’s the picture that I want on that camera.